Success Strategy For Online Education Courses
Millions of students enroll in online education every year and various distance learning programs. The amazing response of online students inspired colleges like MIT to launch online college and is the backbone of the MOOCs. However, the total number of students who successfully complete their online education is just a fraction of the students who enroll in them.
The genuine satisfaction of an educator and to be really successful in your online education business, it is important that you help your online students finish their education.
Kings-Joomla LMS Insight: “Instead of pulling students to finish online courses, make your online education addictive. Make students come and bring in their friends along.”
In the meanwhile, here is the Success Strategy For Online Education Courses
1. Welcome them personally: Well beginning is half done – right? Well then, welcome them to the online course with enthusiasm. If possible, do it in person else, at least make an orientation video that provides a clear strategy to sail through the course successfully. Ensure that you provide
right in the “welcome document” which they must be asked to bookmark.
2. Give them a platform to bond and communicate. Encourage topics that must be researched. If possible, divided them in groups or communities. Give them individual challenges as well as group challenges to throw in some competition. Do give them pace and time for self-study.
3. Help online students cultivate the time-management routine.
4. Provide your online students writing assistance. If possible, help them by checking the draft before grading the assignments. Help them with writing tools; a simple tutorial can be good enough. Since the online students are from everywhere, they might not all be so good at English.
5. Send reminders and help them stick to the schedule of the course. Be a positive motivator and do not discourage the students who wander away.
6. Technology is an important aspect of online education. Most students take online courses to learn about tools and technology that can help them get ahead in their career. This is a sure positive motivator.
7. Help them develop rubrics.
8. Give them time to come to you for help. Organize doubt and problem solving sessions. That is a great plus; otherwise, there are videos on YouTube too.
9. Apart from the Learning management system, get them to come up with their own blogs. Encourage the groups to comment on others’ blogs and embed in all in the assignments. A flourishing blog is a positive motivator.
10. Track their progress via your LMS and keep them personally updated about their place in the competition. Encourage them to improve their scores, just one-step at a time.
11. Celebrate the spirit of online education and help them cultivate the spirit of online education as well.
There is nothing more satisfying than seeing your students sore. Help them remain on track and finish their learning. Participate in the community and take tips from what your online students as well as other online educators feel.
The Online Education Trends for 2015
The US and the UK governments have formulated and are vigorously implementing the laws to embed technology with education and infuse online education in K12 curriculum. Neither elementary nor higher education sectors have remained unaffected by the impact of the online education and online courses.
IT has “Information” as its primary objective followed by the “Technology.” “Information” also happens to be the primary source of education and the first resort of power. With the competition going global, all industries, especially education are transforming at an alarming speed. The online courses and online classes have brought in a lot of relief to the home school students.
If you believe that online education is limited to online schools and online college education, you must refresh your facts
Are you amazed by these facts? Let us proceed further and explore what are the major trends that are driving the online education in 2015
1. The Smartphones:Not just online school and online college education have gone mobile but the schools are even getting ready for high end ‘Bring your own device” combinations. Well, not limitedto schooleducation, Smartphones are for everyone. Thus, you (as an online course creator) must ensure that your learning is responsive and Smartphone compliant.
2. Result oriented education:One of the main drawbacks of crafting online education from scratch is that focus shifts from result oriented education to the course content and ease of delivery. Choose your learning management system wisely. A learning management system will not only help you achieve result oriented online education, but also will maintain records for future reference. Embed spontaneous questions, quiz and activities with real life synchronization to keep your students interested as you make them learned and not just educated.
3. Content Engagement:Everyone is offering education can you offer something better? The fact is that most people irrespective of the students or the employees are there to educate themselves so that they can get a job or get a promotion. When you create your online education, define the sole motto of your online course as “learning” and not educating. The content and engagement must be able to provide the learner an amazing learning experience via content that engages.
4. Visual effects: Make sure that there are ample of videos. Visual effects and videos that mingle the real life examples, is the need of the hour. In 2015 and in future, the videos that engage and explain will survive the race and rise to the top.
5. Be precise:Do not unnecessarily keep repeating the same explanation again and again. Be precise and concise. Let the learning last for 5 minutes, but those five minutes must be pure education. Summarize your learning, always.
Most organizations do not stop after creating just one online education course with LMS Kings Joomla LMS. It is the value for money deal and is the future. The trends are yet evolving and we hope to see you aboard. Do not wait too long and do not miss the bus!
How To Market Your Online Course And Education Skills?
Being an educator requires an individual to be a passionate learning and remain evolving. To educate the students, educators remain on toes and keep evolving, always. However, not all teachers get the desired recognition. To add to their worries, the teachers all across the globe are paid far to less as compared to any other profession that requires a similar skill set. Those are some harsh facts.
With the online education revolution, if you as an educator have a dream to be recognized as a professor at Yale, Harvard, Oxford, MIT or Cambridge, you might be dreaming a bit too small. Why not be a global educator? Why limit your potential? Why educate students at just one faculty, when you can educate students from all over the world? This is where King Products Joomla LMS comes in.
Here are a few facts about online education, online college education and online classes/specialties preferred by students. These can help you judge the best
Chart 1 Source and Copyrights @ Eduventures
Chart 2 Undergraduate Fields of Study Copyrights @ LearningHouse and EducationDynamics
Chart 3 Graduate Fields of Study Copyrights @ LearningHouse and EducationDynamics
How to share your knowledge via online courses?
With success of MOOCs sharing your knowledge via online courses has become a lot more easier. You can choose to be an educator or be of assistance to someone else who wants to provide online education. Some other roles that you can take up on, apart from being online educator are
However, you will need to be thorough in your skills. Moreover, it is essential that you are aware of the various aspects and functions of the learning management systems.
If you decide to design an online course that would like to market, then the a few simple options are
Sell Your Own Online Courses
Register a domain and Install an LMS (Learning Management System) on your domain. Though you will have to undertake all entrepreneurial skills and role, you will be the sole beneficiary as well. If you use content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress or Joomla, you can save a lot of trouble. These are some of the best CMS and most of the integration can be achieved with a little effort. Furthermore, there are specific LMS for these platforms such as LMS King for Joomla! that reduce your effort to minimal.
It is advisable to select the LMS as per your platform. Read: How to pick a perfect LMS for to design an online education course? Or Get in touch with us for guided assistance.
Apart from selling your own course online, you can invite other teachers and online education professionals to sell their online courses on your platforms.
Selling Online Courses on Third Party Sites
Many distance education and online universities offer distance learning courses and online degree programs. You can market your online course through these online universities.
A few platforms such as
offer a ready platform for the launch of the online courses though you do have to split your profits with the parent platform.
Teach the Teachers
Since educators are always in need of more and better resources, you can create online courses and online education material and sell to the other educators on platforms such as Share My Lesson or Teachers Pay Teachers.
Conclusion: There are very many options to choose from. Pick the options that suit you the most and make the most of your talent and knowledge. Do not remain limited, the world of opportunities for online education awaits you.
Four Simple Steps To Be A Successful Online Education EntrepreneurThe demand for online Education has been rising. With Smartphones in hand or every student connectivity and convenience has been taken to an altogether different level.
These factors have been driving many freelances and educators to dedicate themselves to online education and form an online education start-up. However, it is not possible for everyone to gather required capital, talent and manage to take massive risks.
Although there is no reason to worry as you can initially fly solo and earn before you can expand.
Here is a step by step guide to help you rise from a passionate person to an e- learning inc. Let King Products Joomla LMS help you get started.
Step 1 – Find your calling: No one but you can decide what is your calling. It can be fun with experiments, self-help, fashion, science, social sciences, humanities, politics or technology, etc. Only you can precisely put finger on the
subjects that you are passionate about. Now, let us turn your passion's call into an online education and help others master the subject too.
Step 2 – Acquaint yourself with the online courses and eLearning platforms:To successfully sell an online education course you must create an education program that is
Do not just recreate something that is already in the market, if it cannot be enhanced.
Furthermore, the online education that you are about to create will need a distribution platform as well. You can market your initial courses on online distance education platforms and Massive Open Online Courses platforms such as edEx or courser. Associating
with online universities that offer distance education can get your online education course required accreditation as well.
NOTE: Please insert a picture or collage of your LMS products here
Step 3 – Acquaint yourself with e-authoring tools and LMS:
Read: How to pick a perfect LMS for to design an online education course?
Flying solo is not so easy. However, the more dedicated you remain, the merrier benefits you shall reap.
Step 4 – Networking is Key to business success:
The pace of global online education has been increasing so rapidly that in just past one year, online learning technology has doubled. Remain persistent to be triumphant.
If you have any experiences, queries or comment, please fill in and we shall be glad to hear from you.
Page 23 of 36
Read all 1 Reviews / Write A Review