Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to activate a lesson

How to activate a lesson 9 years 8 months ago #10511

• jimbarnes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Rank1
When I go to manage lessons and click the activate lesson button it opens a popup to select a lesson which then only takes me to the page for adding or modifying questions.

I am having a problem because i created two lessons for a course and the frontend tells me the second lesson is not activated.

The screen shots in the documentation are different to what I see in the admin of the component.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to activate a lesson 9 years 8 months ago #10512

• kingadmin
  • Administrator
  • Rankadmin
  • Thank you received: 40
This most likely means that the lesson is not published. or the start and end dated are not set.
Go to the configuration page for the lesson and make sure it is set as "make visible to students" and that the dates are set correctly.

How to activate a lesson 9 years 8 months ago #10516

• jimbarnes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Rank1
As you indicated the second lesson was not appearing due to the dates not being set even though it was made visible.

However this still does not explain why the activate button in the lesson manager only takes me to a search filter titled open a lesson and then to the questions.

Basically it is doing the same thing as the edit button does but with an additional step of a search filter in between.

Should not the activate button do just that, activate a lesson or at least tell me that it has not been made visible or that dates have not been set?

I am not criticising just curious about the redundancy of function, and the label misnomer.

kind regards

How to activate a lesson 9 years 8 months ago #10517

• kingadmin
  • Administrator
  • Rankadmin
  • Thank you received: 40
The activate button is for opening the lesson so that questions can be added to it.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Login

Login
Joomla LMS
The crowd rates us 5.0 out of 5.0

Read all 1 Reviews / Write A Review