Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do I get the value from LMS into SCORM

How do I get the value from LMS into SCORM 9 years 1 month ago #10629

• jimbarnes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Rank1
Hi Admin

How's your day.

I wanted to find out if its possible to use a javascript call in a SCORM module to get the student name.

I am building my course in Articulate Storyline 2 since it has a lot of interactivity.

That course is then compiled to a SCORM module and will be installed in LMS Pro.

I would like the pages/slides of the course to show the current registered student name.

It maybe that I would be better off compiling the course to html , but thought i should ask.

I would also like to know what variables are available in the LMS for the SCORM course or the HTML to pass to the LMS as results.

Or are they created on the fly when I install the SCORM course into the LMS

*edit

I tried loading a SCORM course as a zip file but nothing seemed to happen. I tried 2004 and 1.2 with no joy.

The page asks for the upload but then does nothing, no save button, no progress bar.

I read the relevant section of the manual but it did not explain what the problem might be.

The size of the course is 4.2MB and I am allowed a 10MB upload.

I also have the latest java installed.

Thanks, hope your feeling better

Jim Barnes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do I get the value from LMS into SCORM 9 years 1 week ago #10635

• kingadmin
  • Administrator
  • Rankadmin
  • Thank you received: 40
We have never tested with Storyline 2
Some users I think have used Storyline 1 though.
As for getting info from the scorm module or to the scorm module, I have no code that would do that.
Our system only gets the results of the test and puts them into the LMS.

How do I get the value from LMS into SCORM 4 years 3 days ago #10773

• stetod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Rank1
Hi,

I have the same goal!
I produce objects with articulated 360 storylines equal to version 2.
I hope you have now updated your analysis on Storyline 2 as it is one of the most used rapid leaning tools in the world!

It would be very interesting to be able to import the values created by browsing objects created with Storyline via SCORM, perhaps by combining them with a custom field or SCORM report!

I advise you to try as soon as possible because other LMS are already doing it and this is a very strategic feature for high level applications.

MOODLE does it!
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Login

Login
Joomla LMS
The crowd rates us 5.0 out of 5.0

Read all 1 Reviews / Write A Review

Automatic Backlinks

Error: unable to get links from server. Please make sure that your site supports either file_get_contents() or the cURL library.