Joomla LMS
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: More features and milestones to be completed

More features and milestones to be completed 9 years 11 months ago #10486

• elisha-ray
  • User is blocked
  • Rankdisabled
When i first saw this component i knew it was the right one but know i still believe that there are more milestones to be achieved before it reaches a point to be called a good LMS component.

1. Most servers haven't allowed joomla 3.0 and above to be installed in their servers in the sense that if i have a joomla template from JXTC of 3.0 version and above i cant use it. It would be wise if you released another version for usage for 2.5 joomla.

2. In SCORM there exists ONLY one way to view the content in a frame, are there other options like you add an option for a pop out that you can define the dimensions

3. The procedure of creating and loading a course is a bit complex for most novice users. i for one had an issue up-to-date i haven't figured it out so i gave up and decided to use moodle for the time being.You can borrow from JoomlaLMS theirs its pretty much straight forward and easier to grasp.

4. We need more features:-
1. Conferencing Capabilities
2. Clearly defined files repository

thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

More features and milestones to be completed 9 years 11 months ago #10487

• kingadmin
  • Administrator
  • Rankadmin
  • Thank you received: 40
Hi,
firstly,
Our LMS works on both 2.5 and 3.x including 3.3
You CAN specify the dimensions of the iframe and you can set it to open in full screen mode.
However, this is only of the sco module supports it.
Creating a Certification path, course, lesson is simpler in this LMS than any other on the marked.
I specifically developed an easy to use creation wizard so that you can do it all within only 5 minutes.

Once you run through the process once or twice to practice, it will become second nature.
There are lots of options that you can choose from, however, they are not all required.
We have even built into the admin section Certification path manager page, a Diagnostics script that will tell you why your Certification path isn't visible in the front end.
The tooltip diagnostics gives a meaningful message as to why.

Conferencing is a feature for the future. it isn't widely used and I need to see how it works somewhere to be able to replicate it in the LMS. If you can provide working examples, please do.

The file repository is clearly defined. On the extensions tab, we have a media manager extension that specifies where all the resources are stored. Typically this defaults to the LMSdata folder.

I have seen JoomlaLMS. it's a mess. It is almost impossible for a new user to use without having to read through a ton of user guides.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
Login

Login
Joomla LMS
The crowd rates us 5.0 out of 5.0

Read all 1 Reviews / Write A Review

Automatic Backlinks

nolinks